Job Objective: With the support of HR leadership, this position will be responsible for managing the employee relations functional area. Working with employees, Property Managers and Regional Portfolio Managers, this position will work to resolve workplace conflict quickly, while mitigating legal exposure. This position will maintain internal best practices on all disciplinary issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Handles employee relations counseling. Counsel Managers in regard to hiring, performance, disciplinary issues, etc. Establish a presence with managers so they feel comfortable contacting HR with concerns. Follows up as appropriate
- Conduct investigations, at all levels, to conclusion including resolution and follow up
- Coach, at all levels of the organization, management on effectively dealing with performance deficiencies and development
- Prepare response to any legal complaints by individuals or government agency and work with HR leadership, and outside legal counsel if necessary, to resolution
- Provides managers with resources to help them deliver discipline that has a positive outcome for the business. This could include templates for performance consultations, more structured responses for consistent application of discipline, or more formalized methods of escalating issues
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- This position may provide support to other functional areas within HR such as compensation, benefits, and recruiting
- Performs additional on-going administrative duties and completes special projects as assigned.
Position requires ability to work standard hours and business days, 52 weeks of the year. Individuals must possess the ability to work the necessary days/hours to complete assignments. Work schedule subject to change.