Essex Property Trust, Inc. is a fully integrated real estate investment trust (REIT) that acquires, develops, redevelops and manages multifamily properties in selected West Coast communities.
We are seeking an experienced renovation professional to be a member of an in-house renovation team in the remodeling of apartment interiors. This role will require a deep knowledge of interior construction means and methods. The role will participate as part of a team in renovation efforts on multiple properties and have an active role in construction activities, procuring material, scheduling with the property/operations, interacting with city officials/inspectors, reporting status, and communicating with supervisors. This role will also require experience reading construction plans, getting permits, and a working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Participate as a member of an on-site construction team actively involved in day to day interior renovation activities.
- Fundamental knowledge in most areas of residential construction including but not limited to:
- On-site installation of cabinets, doors, door hardware and cabinet re-face.
- Installation and repair of laminate countertops. (Tile and stone experience preferable)
- Plumbing fixture installation of sinks, faucets, disposals, angle stop valves, toilets and bathtubs.
- Electrical fixture installation of light fixtures, ceiling fans, outlets, GFCI and light switches
- Ability to prep and paint using paint sprayer, rollers, paint brush and masker.
- Knowledge of hanging drywall, small patch repairs, texture, mud and tape.
- Finish carpentry installation of door casings, bi-fold doors, by-pass doors, passage doors, and baseboards.
- Interact with material vendors and any sub-contractors to assure timely renovation execution and quality of work. Monitor work to assure all work follows plan, contract, scope of work, etc.
- Participate in material and supply management for renovation and any activities related to the team which can include work site and vehicle management.
- Participate in project meetings with construction manager and any other relevant parties at frequent intervals to discuss problems, progress, and coordination of work.
- Provide daily and weekly status of work and maintain high level of communication to Construction Manager and other corporate liaisons via phone, email and memo/ letter.
- Knowledge of equipment operating policies and procedures to ensure safety. Conduct monthly equipment checks to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Policies and Procedure Manual and applicable laws, e.g. Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, OSHA, and EEOC.